Year 3 Class Page
Welcome to Year 3!
Welcome to the class page for Year 3, here you will find out some information about timetable and class expectations. Year 3 marks the beginning of KS2, which means the children will be starting to work more independently on a variety of exciting and fun themes. We will learn about the Stone Age and Iron Age in our 'Cavemen Capers' theme, travel back in time to learn about the Romans in 'A Rumble in Rome' and finally become 'Tropical Tourists' as we learn about the Brazilian Rainforest.
Year 3 also marks an important year for the Catholic children in their journey through the Sacraments. This year they will take part in Reconcilliation and then make their First Holy Communion. These are very special times which will help bring the children closer to God. More information will be given to you about these events closer to the time.
For more information about our curriculum in Year 3, please see the 'Overview' link above.
In Year 3 you will recieve the following homework, we expect homework to be completed on time.
- Reading - This should continue nightly and Year 3 staff will check reading records regularly to make sure it is happening.
- Times table practise - This should again be happening regularly at home to make sure you are confident with the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 8x tables.
- Target Maths book - This will be set on a Tuesday and be due back in on the following Tuesday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week.
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling book - This will be set on a Wednesday and be due back in on the following Wednesday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week.
- Spellings - These will be set on a Wednesday and tested on the following Wednesday.
- Occasionally, there will be projects set to complete linked to our theme in class. These will replace normal homework and the children will be given plently of time to do them.
- PE: We have PE on Wednesdays and Fridays. Please make sure your child's NAMED kit is in school and if they have long hair that it is tied back, or earrings are taken out or covered on those days.
- Pencil cases: Children will not need a pencil case for their work in Year 3. We have everything they need in class. If they have their own colouring pencils, they may bring them in to keep in their trays until needed.
- Forest school and Outdoor learning: Outdoor learning will take place this half term. Please make sure your child has wellies in school. Forest school will happen in the first half of the spring term, a letter will be sent out with more details on what clothing the children will need.
- Water bottles: Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle for the classroom, containing water only.