Welcome to Year 4 Class
Teacher - Mrs Abel
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Dugard
HLTA: Mrs Vennard
Welcome to Year 4
Welcome to the class page for Year 4, here you will find out some information about timetable and class expectations. In Year 4, the children will be continuing to develop their independence through a variety of exciting and fun themes. We will learn about the Anglo Saxons and Vikings in our 'Traders, Raiders… INVADERS!’ theme, explore different environmental issues and extreme weathers during our Spring Term topic ‘Extreme Earth’ and finally ‘Venture Around Vesuvius’ by studying the city of Pompeii and the mighty Mount Vesuvius!
- In Year 4, you will receive the following homework, we expect homework to be completed on time.
- Reading - This should continue nightly and Year 4 staff will check reading records regularly to make sure it is happening
- Times table practise - This should again be happening regularly at home to make sure you are confident with the all times tables. You will be tested every Wednesday to make sure you have a secure understanding as this is a Year 4 expectation.
- Target Maths book - This will be set on a Thursday or a Friday and be due back in on the following Thursday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week.
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling book - This will be set on a Thursday or Friday and be due back in on the following Thursday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week.
- Spellings – a new spelling list will go out at the beginning of each term and spellings will be tested every Thursday.
- Occasionally, there will be projects set to complete linked to our theme in class. These will replace normal homework and the children will be given ample time to complete them.
- We have PE on Mondays and Fridays. Please make sure your child's NAMED kit is in school and if they have long hair that it is tied back, or earrings are taken out or covered on those days. During the first term, we will be going swimming on Friday mornings. Please make sure your child brings a towel and trunks/costume on this day. Googles can also be worn, however written consent must be given by parents or guardians.
- Pencil cases: Children will not need a pencil case for their work in Year 4. We have everything they need in class. If they have their own colouring pencils, they may bring them in to keep in their trays until needed
- Outdoor learning and Gardening: Outdoor learning will take place in the Spring Term and Gardening will take place in the Summer Term. Letters will be sent out with more details on what clothing the children will need nearer the time.
- Water bottles: Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle for the classroom, containing water only as well as a lunchtime drink to school.