Welcome to Year 4 Class
Teacher - Mrs Griffiths
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Robinson
HLTA: Mrs Jauncey
Welcome to Year 4
Welcome to the class page for Year 4, here you will find out some information about timetable and class expectations. In Year 4, the children will be continuing to develop their independence through a variety of exciting and fun themes. We will learn about the Anglo Saxons and Vikings in our 'Traders, Raiders… INVADERS!’ theme, explore different environmental issues and extreme weathers during our Spring Term topic ‘Extreme Earth’ and finally ‘Venture Around Vesuvius’ by studying the city of Pompeii and the mighty Mount Vesuvius!
- In Year 4, you will receive the following homework, we expect homework to be completed on time.
- Reading - This should continue nightly and Year 4 staff will check reading records regularly to make sure it is happening
- Times table practise - This should again be happening regularly at home to make sure you are confident with the all times tables. You will be tested every Wednesday to make sure you have a secure understanding as this is a Year 4 expectation.
- Target Maths book - This will be set on a Thursday or a Friday and be due back in on the following Thursday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week. Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling book - This will be set on a Thursday or Friday and be due back in on the following Thursday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week.
- Spellings – a new spelling list will go out at the beginning of each term and spellings will be tested every Thursday.
- Occasionally, there will be projects set to complete linked to our theme in class. These will replace normal homework and the children will be given ample time to complete them.
- We now use Class Dojo to issue any reminders to pupils and parents. Please login to Class Dojo to see any updates