Year 6 Class Page
Welcome to Year 6
Welcome to Year 6 Class Web Page!
Class Teacher: Mr. Pocknell
Class Teaching Assistant: Mrs. Cooper
PPA Cover: Mrs. Long
Here are some important updates and reminders for the year:
- Your child has been provided with a labelled pack of equipment which is to stay in school to support them with their learning. If your child would like to bring an additional pencil case for colouring pencils, this is welcomed.
- Homework will be set every Friday and should be returned by the following Wednesday. It will be set within the CGJ (Class Grammar Journal) books.
- The specific page numbers for the homework will be posted on ClassDojo, so please make sure to check for updates regularly.
- Spelling Tests will be set weekly. Tests will take place on Thursdays.
Fluency and Recall Practice:
- Weekly practice of Times Table Rockstars and KIRF (Key Instant Recall Facts) is expected to support fluency and recall skills. These activities will help students become more confident in their mathematical abilities.
Physical Education (PE):
- PE lessons will take place on Thursdays and Fridays during the Autumn term.
- On Fridays, the session will be focused on swimming. Please ensure that your child comes to school pool-ready with a towel and appropriate clothing. If your child requires swimming goggles, please provide written permission to the office.
- Forest School sessions will take place on Tuesdays. For guidance on appropriate clothing, please refer to the instructions provided by Mrs. Ritson.
- Reading is expected to be done nightly. Students in Year 6 are responsible for independently recording their reading in their new Reading Log.
- Every two weeks, VIPERS (Vocabulary, Inference, Prediction, Explanation, Retrieval, Summarizing) Homework will be set. You can find this homework in the back of the Reading Log.
- Throughout the year, additional homework will be set to ensure that the children are properly prepared for the summer assessments (SATs). This will help them feel confident and perform their best during these important assessments.
Please make sure to regularly check our secure ClassDojo page for any further updates and announcements. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact the school office.